More irresistible stuff

Thursday 9 December 2010

You recognise the picture already!




Many thanks to



for my Fair Dinkum award!

Having received the highest accolade possible (to an Australian) I can now bask in the appreciation!

I think it would only be fair to have to do a bit of work for this award, so here are three things that are Fair Dinkum in my life

  • Faith - I cannot think of anything more real or more defining of true character
  • Family - The love and support of my family are very precious to me - I hope they keep me real!
  • Fiction - Yes, I know it's a contradiction in terms - how can fiction be real / genuine? It is through fiction that the real me is finally emerging!

I would like to award the L'Aussie Fair Dinkum award to:

Elaine AM Smith at Wordsmithing for a really interesting series of articles about writing, and for having a really great blog

Clarissa Draper at Listen to the Voices for her fascinating series on poisons (if you have to ask - go see for yourself!) and for a wonderful variety of interesting posts

Joanna st James at Bionic Writer for being incredibly un-boring!! Fabulous blog, interesting and varied, fun and witty.

Ok .... over to you and let's hear three things that are "Fair Dinkum" in your lives!

:Dom

15 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you this award means a lot to me, especially since it was created by a dear pal.
    P.S where is ur writing daughter's blog? I've been hearing good things about her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done matey! Or shall I say Fellow Fair Dinkum...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award! And thanks for sharing.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to all the winners.
    And thank you Dominic, for mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your prose piece, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Well done.

    Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the award! To be called Fair Dinkum is pretty freaking amazing. Well done.

    Jai

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Dom.
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!! Congratulations with your beautiful award!!!!! And thanks for sharing these three fair dinkum things - wonderful! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! L'Aussie nominated me for one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, fellow Fair Dinkum blogger.

    Fab to get this award, isn't it. As a limey Pom I took it as a great compliment from an Aussie, to be called fair dinkum. It don't get no better than that.

    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list of things that make you, you Dom. Congrats on the award. I had to smile when I saw it on Golden's post.

    My emotions are winning today and I can't think of any fair dinkum things about me. Tomorrow will be better.
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, fantasy author

    ReplyDelete
  12. Conrats on the award and to your awardees. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your award! Are you an honorary Aussie now? Crikey! :) Love the three things you shared...you seem to have a wonderful sense of yourself and who you are. (Not everyone does.) Very nicely stated...lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. You want to make my day don't you?